Make Mine Metallic...

12:13







This season it’s hard to walk into a clothing retailer and not have your eyes dazzled by the different sparkles and shines from a range of metallic apparel. With window and indoor displays made up of metallic merchandise it’s quite hard to miss!








It is by no means a secret that the majority of women have a weakness for things that glitter and glisten (myself included!) and is it any wonder!? When I think of things that sparkle and shine I think diamonds, stars and luxury items so why not show off that shimmer!

When I was out shopping the other week I walked into Zara and my gaze was instantly captured by a pair of glistening culottes. They were hanging up high on a railing where the light was reflecting off them and I knew they had to be mine! Culottes are so easy and comfortable to wear and they can double for both day and nightwear. This can only be a massive bonus to be both stylish and comfy on a night out, what more could you ask for!








This little pink metallic top I purchased in Primark and paired with a white printed t-shirt from Pull & Bear to dress it down for daywear. Sparkle doesn't only have to be for the night, with this added under top it helps make the look more casual and dressed down. Layering is a useful way of dressing down a lot of statement pieces for daytime wear. On a practical note it also adds an extra layer of warmth for this winter season (which is much needed in Aberdeen!) 



For night time, I remove the under top and put with black trousers/jeans and a pair of heels and I'm ready to go!








Metallic accessories can also help to dazzle a dull outfit. If, like me, when you open your wardrobe it’s like looking into Morticia Addams' closet and you need something subtle to break up your outfit, then, it can be as simple as wearing a cute clutch.
This simple but effective clutch was purchased in Primark, it caught my eye and I knew I could put it to good use! Although it is quite a small bag it is more for decoration than any real functional use. It can hold all the essentials such as a small purse, house keys, phone, lipstick and ID so it’s the perfect little accessory for a night out!
These shoes were also picked up in Primark for a bargain of £8 and they’re brilliant for adding a subtle shine to spruce up a dressed down look.


My final metallic feature is my nail polish; I was rummaging around the nail polishes in TK Maxx and came across this lovely silvery metallic O.P.I colour. I believe that having your nails and toenails painted is an important element to factor into any outfit especially this metallic colour as it can help to be a finishing touch and complete any outfit.

As its coming into Christmas party season these metallic looks will really start to kick off (as if another excuse to sparkle is needed!) So below I have a few links to either the same or similar looks in my blog so that you can start to create your own metallic looks!

Items not linked above:

Beanie Hat & Heels- New Look
Sweater- Karl Lagerfeld
Backpack & Necklace- Topshop
Denim Jacket- Boohoo
























































You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook