Travelling Home For Christmas!

13:30





 Having met all the dreaded deadlines it's finally time to go home for Christmas! When I'm travelling home from Aberdeen I need to get a three and half hour bus journey to Glasgow where I catch my flight. Although I do enjoy an occasional long bus journey where I can listen to my music and do nothing for a few hours, I wouldn't be able to do it without a few essential pieces!

Comfort is key, especially when you're sitting on a bus for a few hours you don't want to be uncomfortable and constantly tossing and turning in your seat to find the right position (We've all been there!), so my outfit choice is something casual and cosy. I'm wearing an over-sized jumper with black leggings and trainers, what could be comfier! This outfit is loose and baggy which means I can sit relaxed without being restricted by tight clothing.



                                       Over-sized jumper- Topshop
                                           Leggings- Sports Direct
                                           Trainers- New Balance
                                           

Earphones are essential. There have been many cases where I have forgotten my earphones on a long journey,  which is an absolute nightmare. Listening to music or watching a movie is a great distraction for long journeys. You get so lost in thought that you don't realise the time passing you by. I will most definitely be making sure that I have packed my earphones the night before my trip home!



Wearing a travel pillow can help you to nod off as soon as you take off. They are so comforting to wear and help me to relax so much more, whilst supporting your neck so it doesn't get sore from sitting at an awkward angle. Wearing this and watching a movie on a phone or tablet is my perfect travelling combo!



My other key essentials include items such as tissues, anti-bacterial hand gel, a power bank, a bottle of water and mints/ chewing gum. I like to be fully prepared for any situation and I hate the thought of being in a situation where I'll need something that I don't have! These travel comforts will vary for each person but can offer a great deal of piece of mind!

Making a list the night before you travel for all your essential bits and pieces can help to make sure that nothing gets left behind! Hopefully this blog will help some of you for your journeys back home for crimbo! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook